Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 8


Day 8:

Today was a free day; we had no excursions planned and could do really whatever we wanted. I started my day with lots and lots of sleep. This week really wore me out so a couple extra hours of sleep really helped me out and gave me some energy. Some of the kids in our group went on a bakery tour, exploring some of the bakeries in Vina del Mar. When some of them got back, we all hung out for a little and thought about what we wanted to do. I needed some coffee so some of us went to get a cup at a bakery nearby. When we got back to the hotel, a group of us decided to go out to lunch and we found a nice restaurant that could seat all ten of us. It worked out pretty nicely because the menu featured big platters for groups. We ordered a few of those and all shared and it was delicious. Karen and myself shared a dish that featured pork, chicken, and potatoes. It was surprisingly good considering we weren’t one hundred percent sure what we were ordering. Our group split up again when some went to the beach and myself and a few others headed back to the hotel. At this point, we were all still kind of tired and we decided to go back and just relax in one of our rooms. The Chilean students were taking us out really early that night so we decided to take short naps and get ready soon after that. Even though I didn’t do too much today, I needed a down day. It was great to catch up on sleep and not have to be on such a tight schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment