Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 1


Day 1: 

The first day of our exciting trip to Chile consisted entirely of travel. We arrived at the airport around 10:30 for our 1:30 flight. Everything went smoothly and we had a couple hours to kill, which a few of us spent playing card games. Eventually we boarded our flight to Dallas/Fort Worth and took off on schedule. The flight was a little over two hours and nothing really exciting happened. We landed in Dallas around 4 and had lots of time to kill until our 9:30 flight. I went with some of the girls to get food and we walked around the vast airport with nothing better to do. Soon we retired to a section of seats where we all just did our own thing for a little bit. Somehow the 4+ hours managed to pass us and it was then time to board the 9 hour flight to Santiago. Believe it or not, the airline food wasn't too horrible. I wouldn't say it was tasty, but it was edible. After the food, I put a movie on my laptop in an attempt to make myself feel tired, but it didn't really work. I then took a few sleeping pills, which barely had an effect on me. Sleeping, or trying to sleep, was kind of awful. Unless you have a window seat, there is no way to get into a comfortable sleeping position on a plane. I kept rotating from sleeping with my head on the tray table and sitting up straight. While I may have dozed off for a little, there is no way I got a good night's sleep. Breakfast was served in the morning and it consisted of a croissant, yogurt, and orange juice. The croissant was absolutely perfect. I could have eaten four or five of those croissants. I also had a cup of coffee, which I hoped would give me some energy for the long day ahead of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment