Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 13


Day 13:

Today was the day I was most looking forward to: horseback riding. When we arrived at the farm the first thing I noticed was the baby cow lounging in the shade. It was so adorable and all of us were making such a big deal over it. The owner of the farm prepared a bottle of milk and let some of us feed the cow!   

After waiting to get organized, we put on some protective covers for a legs and saddled up. My horse seemed like one of the bigger ones there, which was a little weird considering I'm probably one of the shortest on the trip. But he was well behaved, not crazy like some of the other horses. He was a little on the slower side I noticed, since I was always toward the back of the group. Our voyage started walking down a dirt road to the beach. Then we walked up in a nice open area before venturing into the woods. We eventually took a break and ate some fresh pineapple before continuing on our journey. We walked along some sand dunes, which was a little nerve wracking, but it was all okay in the end. Soon we were back on the beach where we started but instead of walking or trotting like we had been doing most of the ride, we started galloping. This took me by surprise but it was so much fun. After a while it began to hurt but overall was fun. 

We finally got back to the ranch at it was time to barbecue. I was starving and was too pumped to eat some food. There was chicken, pork, and steak cooking on the grill as well as more sausages. Everything was so delicious and I kept going back for more and more. There was also a small bonfire and after eating our meal they offered us marshmallows to roast on the fire. This was definitely one of my favorite days and I'm glad it was saved until the end. It was the perfect end to a perfect week and it brought everyone together even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment